Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Four Albums




I've been near to madness lately. I've heard a fair bit if good music over the past couple months but, busy with my camera and spending much of my listening hours wandering through old favorites, I've quickly grown anxious for a new experience. This has been, perhaps, the longest stretch in recent years I've suffered without finding a new favorite. And then this morning, as I was putting the last peices of the new computer together, I find a kindred spirit on some remote island blog in Australia.

We chatted for a while about the really important stuff and swapped some favorite 'recent finds'. Thanks to my new mate on the bottom of the planet for lifting the sails on my drifting ship.

I give you four new(ish) albums for spring...each of them an unlikely choice, but all brandishing that perfect blend of sophistication and pop that we aging hipsters require.

Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time (download the outstanding track funeral here)
Dirty On Purpose - Sleep Late For A Better Tomorrow
Wolf Parade - Apologies To The Queen Mary
Rogue Wave - Descended Like Vultures

I know what you're thinking, too. "Two months with not a hint of anything of quality, just a bunch of stupid tree pictures, and now he pulls four actual albums simultaniously out of thin air..."

Well, it is spring after all.

And I'm a new man. Look at me...I'm totally here for you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: