Monday, April 17, 2006

From The Archives
























I was up late last night working on my new play (I'm writing a lavish Broadway musical version of Brad Pitt's masterpiece Meet Joe Black...my contention has long been that what the film version lacked was showgirls and a live orchestra...we're also going to have the ushers walk down the isles and slap members of the audience in the face with free copies of Manhattan), and as I worked I let iTunes have it's random way with my music collection. It seemed to be in a very Doors/Procol Harum kind of mood so I was surprised when I suddenly found myself in a club in 1994 feeling very free and quite sophisticated as I danced to some dub remix of Siouxsie and the Banshees' The Ghost In You...I could almost feel the liner burning my eyes.

I have no idea what hardcore Siouxsie fans think of Superstition...I never had much of a sense really, but from a band who's every disc I like, Superstition was my favorite. It was the most lush and probably the most accessible member of a considerable discography which makes me wonder if the fans don't scoff at it a bit. Hardcore fans are creepy. btw...I have an original German import of Join Hands on 'picture disk' vinyl if anyone's interested.

No comments: